The College Mission
St Andrews College provides opportunities for each student to become a creative, competent, compassionate, and confident person with an informed conscience and a firm conviction of faith.
Our Mission is to:
- foster a spirituality that enables us to experience the fullness of our Christian traditions and the example of the life of St Andrew
- develop in our College, an awareness of the needs of others and the capacity to respond with compassion and justice
- provide a safe and caring community based on respect for ourselves, each other and the environment
- provide a learning environment so that students can focus on achieving their best outcomes
- offer a diverse curriculum that develops the whole person and helps students to achieve their personal best
- prepare students to be worthy citizens of the wider community, through living out the values of the College.
The College Crest
Our crest has four elements, each linked to an aspect of the College:
- the Book symbolises two elements at the heart of our College: the Bible and learning. As a symbol of the Bible, it reminds us that we exist as a Catholic school to proclaim faith in Christ. As a symbol of learning, it reminds us of our central task and that of every good school.
- the Star is the seven-pointed star from the Australian Flag. It reminds us of our nation, and of the many diverse people who make up our country. It is also a symbol of Mary, Star of the Sea, the mother of Jesus. Thirdly, the star is a reminder that we should each reach for the stars in aiming for our personal best.
- the Motto 'Faith in Christ,' expresses the foundation of our school. It is our Faith in Christ that gives us our sense of meaning and purpose.